Host Council Organiser
We are looking for a Host Council Organiser to support host leaders’ passion for home sharing, establish the structure of a local host council, build close relationships with council members and work with the PP team, HCO team and host leaders to find the best ways to be good neighbors, and furthermore cultivate host leaders to represent the host community voice and interests in shaping the home-sharing regulatory agenda of China.
This position will be based in Shanghai and start with a 6 month period of contract.
- Work with Public Policy team and HCO team in outreach to hosts, guests and supportive community members to develop the Airbnb Host Council ecosystem, and then identify host leaders with good stories and representative values to form the Shanghai Home-sharing Host Council.
- Speak to host community members about their experiences and best practices, and invite host representatives to join the Shanghai Home-sharing Host Council.
- Continuously shape China host council planning and create educational programs on best practices to educate wider hosts on safety issues and responsible hosting,
- Design events to empower hosts and supporters of home sharing to become leaders.
- Organise meetings and events for hosts and supporters of the Host Council.
- Identify supporters of home sharing and potential partners in neighbourhoods and cities.
- Work with a range of online tools and enter data into relevant systems.
- A passion for home sharing and in-depth understanding of the host community, especially previous experience with hosting.
- Strong analytical skills with initial project experience, previous social group management or multi-stakeholder engagement experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of China’s political-economical landscapes and social norms.
- Self-motivated and able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people, as well as communicate with larger groups.
- Competent in using technology and social media.
- Excellent English and Chinese written and verbal communication.
- Meticulous organisation skills.
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problems.
- Motivated to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top