Host & Community Operations Market Manager, Japan
Please submit an English version of your CV.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 192 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Host & Community Operations (HCO) team at Airbnb includes a talented portfolio of Market Managers that focus on specific regions in APAC. The HCO Market Manager will focus on the overall supply health of the domestic markets in Japan. This role has the critical responsibility of ensuring that high-quality listings span their area of focus. They will further develop our host network and accelerate the growth of our supply in the market.
- Ownership of overall supply health in competitive environment
- Responsible for setting, executing, and iterating on targeted in-market strategies
- Communicate key learnings to the team
- Drive scalable and attributable levers to reach objectives and key results
- Targeted acquisition of professional hosts
- Support scalable acquisition programs, such as field sales and affiliates
- Account management to improve business performance and host quality
- Coordination with Market Coordinator team for account management support
- Coordination with Quality team to drive volume host quality
- Identify key barriers/levers that can have significant impact on market and work to address with proper stakeholder such as Public Policy and Communications
- Establish partnership with key local influencers who can drive supply such as a Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO)
- Be internal and potentially external point of contact for the markets
- Attend relevant market trade shows or events in tier 1 markets.
- 5 years professional experience in sales or startup-type environments
- Analytical abilities to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Experience working cross-functionally with product and marketing teams
- Can represent the Airbnb tone and brand in public-facing communications
- Proven track record as a self-starter who can execute in a fact-paced, ambiguous environment
- Local Knowledge - you must have solid operating experience in Japan
- You are native Japanese and fluent in English
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Back to top