Host Communications Manager
The Host Communications Manager will lead a team of writers and program managers who support varied host audiences throughout their lifecycle with Airbnb. You’ll be responsible for ensuring communications are strategic and high-quality—and that the efforts to generate those communications are efficient and consistent. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable synthesizing goals and roadmaps for product, operations, policy, and marketing teams, so that the host audience has a strong, seamless relationship with Airbnb. Expect to tackle a wide variety of work, from strategic planning to offering ad hoc copyediting.
This role will require close collaboration with leaders throughout the company and throughout the world. To help your team, you’ll need to advise on the best ways for your team members to navigate the business rationale behind company priorities and decisions, identify efficiencies, share information, and connect the dots across distributed workflows and projects. You’ll need to develop a keen sense of various audiences—their needs, sensitivities, and understanding of Airbnb. You’ll need to know when to be the hosts’ ambassador among colleagues, and when to be the company’s representative in communications to hosts.
This role sits within the Host and Community Operations team—a global team focused on Airbnb’s host community. You’ll be reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Operations & Strategy, and you will be managing a team of about 5 people.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of writers to ensure they are producing high-quality content that helps to acquire, onboard, educate, and engage hosts across a variety of channels and content types
- Manage a newsletter project manager to insure this marquee communications program continues to efficiently scale and drive impact
- Ensure cohesion across host messaging from all teams—for different phases of the lifecycle and different types of hosts (home hosts, experience hosts, volume hosts, co-hosts)
- Play an active role in conversations with the email marketing team in assessing budget, agency, and internal resource needs to support host-facing communications
- Identify opportunities to use communications programs to scale operations efforts and make them more efficient
- Maintain deep product knowledge to fuel strategic collaboration with product and design leads
- Report on the host communications landscape to identify trends, risks, and opportunities to initiate campaigns that deepen Airbnb’s relationship with hosts
- Maintain a close collaboration with the policy communications and digital mobilization teams
- 7-10 years content and communications experience
- 2-5 years people management experience
- Superb writing and copyediting skills
- Experience working with executives
- Experience providing communications guidance to product, operations, or marketing organizations and devising communications strategies.
- Proven track record as a great cross-functional business partner and ability to work within a matrix.
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top