Host and Community Operations Specialist (HK/TW)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
The Host & Community Operations Specialist will directly impact one of Airbnb’s most critical initiatives by growing the number of hosts and strengthening the engagement of our community at the local level. Our ideal candidate has the critical responsibility of ensuring that our guests find the homes they are looking for in every neighborhood in the city and that the experiences provided by our hosts meet Airbnb standards, both online and offline.
- Set the plan and drive execution to increase the number of hosts and improve the quality of hospitality delivered by hosts in the HK and Taiwan markets - with initial focus on the Taiwanese market.
- Develop a point-of-view on business opportunities and present them to cross-functional and/or leadership teams
- Coordinate across functions to ensure efforts in the HK and Taiwan markets are consistent and support host operation goals
- Run meetups & events to educate hosts
- Support regional and global programs for host recruitment, host success or host engagement
- Deliver reports to APAC and Global stakeholders on market performance and health
- 7+ years of professional experience in self-starter, startup-type environments
- Analytical abilities to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to personally drive & track execution of programs
- Project management skills to run multiple projects simultaneously & ability to manage to budgets
- An understanding of local market dynamics in Taiwan and Hong Kong, the intricacies of local communities
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with other APAC & Global teams
- Ability to communicate verbally in Mandarin and read and write in Traditional Chinese; Proficiency in Cantonese is a plus
This is an incredible opportunity to build a market at grass roots!
Back to top