Head of Service Management
Airbnb is about hospitality and helping people to Belong Anywhere and the Community Support team supports this mission with a vision to ‘build the world’s most loyal travel community through exceptional service’.
In your role as a Head of Service Management, you will be helping to pioneer and shape service design and delivery within our global Customer Experience team. You will work as part of the overall PMO and Engagement team, overseeing all the Tier Service Managers who are responsible for owning a service area end-to-end from initial design to a mature state of continuous improvement. The ultimate remit of the Head of Service Management is to ensure that all Service Manager's are following the same structured methodology that has been designed to ensure all service areas deliver a great experience for our community in an efficient and effective way that is aligned with the needs of our businesses across people, product and technology.
You will set targets for your Service Managers and held accountable for those managers performance, engagement and deliverables. You will need to take a global approach, but understand regional and market nuances in order to act as a leader and innovator in your area of expertise and advising others on the team.
To achieve this, you should have a strong subject matter expertise in service design and end to end service management as well as a solid knowledge of operations. You will liaise with Global Engagement Managers and to assist in prioritization of resource as well as work closely with the Head of Product, Product Managers, the design, research & content strategy team (EPIC) and external stakeholders to ensure they have the operational foundation in place to deliver on regional service level metrics.
- Global Program delivery: Proven track record of delivery against goals with minimum noise and true cross-functional alignment.
- Operational excellence: A strong operational mindset and background to ensure that CX has a convincing voice at the table with both businesses and delivery teams.
- Inspire Teams: Champion Airbnb’s Mission to help teams understand how their work contributes to end goals. Work with direct reports to create team cohesion and fulfillment.
- Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills: Ability to look at each problem or data set from many different angles to find innovative and simple solutions.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Embrace the adventure with Peers, Partners, and teams and use superior communication skills to cultivate professional relationships with Key Partners. Use innovative channels of communication to keep teams up-to-date with day-to-day changes in expectations and goals that are relevant to their roles. Be an inspirational leader that can infuse enthusiasm within the team.
- Leading service design approach: You will be responsible for driving the service design approach for the new service managers in the team.
- Degree level (BA/BS)
- Master of Design in addition to MBA (or equivalent Masters) is strongly preferred
- Service design skills - Has an understanding of the approach and tools & techniques needed to drive a service design mentality and focus within your service area remit.
- Significant and progressive experience, a minimum of 10 years, navigating complex or matrixed environments.
- Experience managing multiple programs in a fast-paced tech environment
- People management experience
- Service design experience: Blueprints, User Journeys, Scenarios, Experience Prototypes, Advanced Workshop and Facilitation Skills
- Community Focus: Is passionate about delivering world class customer support, seeks to understand stakeholders’ needs through feedback, balancing the needs of customers, employees, and Airbnb in business decision-making.
- Creating compelling vision and supporting roadmap - Uses knowledge of service best practices (internally & externally) to easily translate that into a compelling vision that is aligned with Airbnb’s mission and business priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - Including the ability to present to large and senior audiences, inspiring the global team, providing clear direction to teams, and communicating on results.
- Creative thinker & problem solver - You can assess a problem, opportunity or business challenge quickly and make strong decisions based on facts presented or based on previous experience. You look for new and creative ways to move the business forward.
Back to top