Head of Northern Europe, Hotels
Part of the Airbnb family, HotelTonight is a hotel-booking service focused on making last-minute trips easy and fun, offering travelers seamless, on-demand booking for boutique and independent hotels. Through features such as Daily Drop, personalized daily hotel deals, HotelTonight uses innovation to enable travelers to plan less and live more, while providing hotels new ways to sell inventory. Launched in 2011, HotelTonight is available on iOS, Android, and at hoteltonight.com.
As the Head of Northern Europe you will oversee a territory and manage a team of Regional Managers who lead teams of Market Coordinators and Market Managers. You will ultimately be responsible for setting the hotel strategy for the territory, including determining resource allocations, setting organizational goals, managing daily operations, and driving the team to hit revenue targets. Furthermore, you’ll serve as a leader and advocate on behalf of Airbnb in the hotels space.
You should be an effective leader and collaborator. You will be a member of Supply leadership and be required to work cross functionally with other departments within Airbnb. At the same time, you should be an independent operator - comfortable with defining what success will look like for yourself and your team and then ensuring all goals are met.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader who is passionate about growing Airbnb’s hotel footprint and leading a multi-layered team.
- Manage a team of managers and oversee ownership of all hotel supply in the EMEA territory
- Build and manage an Account Management team, overseeing all recruiting, hiring, and training for key positions, including experienced leadership and individual contributors
- Set clear strategy for the team, identifying potential barriers/ levers to rapidly scale hotel operations in the territory
- Create and communicate a territory strategy to drive supply growth for the region
- Establish growth targets and develop quotas for regions and territories; forecasting expected growth rates
- Collaborate with Account Management, Biz Ops, and Biz Development teams to implement targeted territory strategy
- Interact with key business leaders and provide
- Consistently achieve growth targets while aggressively measuring market impact
- Create strategy to scale hotel operations to new regions/ markets
- 10+ years of work experience in account management or business development
- Bilingual strongly preferred (verbal and written)
- Experienced and effective people manager
- Successful track record owning organizational design and managing cross-functional teams
- A leader with the ability to successfully coach, mentor and motivate a business development/account management team
- Proficient at analyzing data and making strategic recommendations/plans based analysis
- Experienced project leader with the ability to find unique solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership, management, and cross-functional teams
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems
Back to top