Growth Marketing Lead, Engagement
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As the CRM Growth Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in managing Airbnb’s relationship with our guests. Your responsibilities include driving the strategy, development, enhancement, and execution of lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns across email, push, SMS, and in-app notifications, focused on improving customer metrics like activation, engagement, retention & reactivation. You will be responsible for end-to-end delivery, from strategy development, to capturing business requirements, to planning, delivery, and evaluation of performance against KPIs. You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, and Creative to set and exceed aggressive growth targets. The ideal candidate will have a combination of email marketing experience, product management, and project management skills.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for developing, planning, and executing on demand generation strategies to drive Guest engagement and improve conversion, repeat rates
- Develop, execute & manage cross-channel data-driven automated triggered lifecycle and ad hoc email campaigns end-to-end
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Guest user experiences and related systems / tooling to continuously improve execution and optimizations
- Own project management and cross-functional campaign development workflow with dedicated Product, Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, and Creative teams
- Conduct regular, extensive experimentation to facilitate rapid learning & application of any insights
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery requirements, including but not limited to: specifying required data, segmentation & targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements
- Initiate and conduct in-depth user data analyses and experimentation that will directly impact strategy and the program roadmap
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all relevant CRM KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance
- Articulate and present strategy, progress, results and data analyses / learnings effectively to stakeholders and the wider business
- Support globalization and localization of Guest-facing campaigns
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence decision-making and planning
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of CRM experience in a consumer-facing, fast-paced ecommerce company. Product management experience a big plus.
- Solid track record of successfully managing large-scale, complex B2C email campaigns and cross-functional projects. Experience with top-tier ESP a plus.
- Deep understanding of CRM strategy and management, with strong interest in how it works “under the hood” (i.e. tracking, marketing tech stack, tooling)
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working directly with Production and Engineering teams to drive technical projects, with a solid understanding of information architecture
- Results-driven marketer with proven quantitative and analytical skills; should be extremely comfortable with Excel (functions, pivots, etc.) and reporting tools like Tableau. SQL skills a plus.
- Creative, methodical problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Eye for user flow & visual design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Passion for CRM and user engagement
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Undergraduate degree required
Back to top