Global Digital Media Lead, Brand Marketing
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From treehouses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
As the Global Digital Media Lead for Brand Marketing, you will lead a team of regionally based display and paid social experts who execute top of funnel campaigns focused on growing Airbnb’s brand awareness and consideration across high priority markets around the world. This role sits within the Performance Marketing organization at Airbnb, where our mission is to be a leader in technology and innovation around digital advertising while maintaining efficiency and scale. You will work closely with other global and regional leads for Measurement Analytics, Brand Strategy, Brand Advertising and Content, Owned Social Media, etc. Success in this role means maximizing the value of our digital media investments to optimize reach, engagement and impact for the Airbnb brand globally while leaning into a growing learning agenda for the business.
- Lead strategy and approach for our programmatic partner selection globally to optimize for the best performance and efficiency against our budgets
- Spearhead goal vetting and alignment processes with Brand Measurement and FP&A to determine the right metrics for optimization and business impact quantification
- Assist in the development and rollout of best practices to streamline reporting processes and drive effective communications to get information to the right stakeholders in a timely manner. Manage your team’s performance metrics and budget tracking, ensure that learning agendas are factored into structuring campaign execution and learnings post-campaign are integrated into future executions.
- Work with Data Science and analysts to build robust reporting to track spend, performance, impact, pacing and optimization opportunities in a scalable way.
- Build the foundation and technical framework to maximize efficacy of programmatic buys through onboarding new vendors, solidifying tracking infrastructure, leading automation and audience management, etc.
- Develop, advocate and articulate a targeting strategy/segmentation approach for the programmatic and paid social work as it pertains to brand campaigns globally. Ensure collaboration and alignment with the company’s greater brand strategy and objectives. Be able to think about 2016, 2017 and beyond.
- Define and build a flexible resourcing structure that allows a lean team to support incremental campaigns on an ad hoc basis across multiple business objectives and teams within Airbnb.
- Stay abreast of new media industry trends and emerging digital channels, identify and manage tech innovation opportunities and bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Airbnb is leveraging media in the most surprising and provocative ways.
- Foster an environment for cross department collaboration by working effectively with the greater Brand Marketing organization, FP&A, Performance Marketing, the Art Department, Product, Data Science and Corporate Communications.
- Streamline working process internally and with agency partners for optimal execution and efficient time to market.
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience at interactive, advertising or marketing agencies and/or experience managing large scale programmatic and paid social buys in-house/client side—preferably in the consumer internet space within travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- In-depth knowledge of display media channels, with a proven track record in programmatic buying, DSP partners, behavioral/audience targeting and paid social for top of funnel and performance goals. Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with measurement metrics and analytics for both brand awareness via online action proxies and ROI targets.
- Hands on experience in managing digital media platforms and partners across multiple geographies and evaluating strategic and global media relationships. Experience in China a plus.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives.
- Agile and able to adapt quickly. Can operate in a high growth business where change is constant and flexibility is key to ensure success for the greater team.
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written.
- An integrated marketing mindset and excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online, and between paid and owned channels.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Experience working or leading global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies is ideal.
Back to top