General Ledger Accountant
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
The Accounting team is looking for a qualified GL Accountant to help operationalize financial regulatory reporting workflows. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the GL Accountant will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing various balance sheet accounts in the company’s financial system and preparing accurate and timely reporting for external regulatory agencies.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding attention to detail and enjoys working in a challenging, fast–paced and high-growth environment; the ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
You’re a great team player without ego, who is willing to take on projects big and small as requested. You’re capable of working in cross-functional teams across cultures and - on occasion - timezones.
You have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
You have a passion for making Airbnb the best place to work.
- Assist in monthly financial statement close process for a domestic money services business. Duties include (but not limited to) preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, documentation of accounting operations, internal and external reporting.
- Ensure compliance to key controls and regulatory requirements.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective workflows and operational procedures.
- Assist with various ad hoc projects and on-going efforts toward increased automation in financial reporting.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive accounting/finance experience including preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the reporting requirements for a regulated payments institution preferred.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to define and implement internal controls or best practices.
- Experience with global enterprise financial systems preferred (i.e. Oracle, NetSuite, Workday).
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge. SQL knowledge (Basic to Intermediate) a plus.
- CPA Preferred
Back to top