Full Stack Software Engineer, Trust
What is Trust at Airbnb?
Over two million people stay on Airbnb every night and the Trust Engineering team keeps our hosts and guests safe and supported throughout the entire Airbnb experience.
As part of the Trust Engineering team you will be in charge of designing and building scalable and robust systems to detect and mitigate fraud across our entire platform. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services in close collaboration with product, data science and operations teams to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
There are still many unsolved problems to tackle in both online and offline risk, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
What is a Full Stack Software Engineer on Trust at Airbnb?
As a Full Stack engineer on Trust, you help keep Airbnb users safe by working across diverse teams and systems to enable sophisticated fraud prevention strategies. You are eager to understand complex systems top to bottom and thrive working across technologies and codebases. Your contributions take a variety of shapes:
- Creating powerful user interfaces to transform data into insights
- Designing reliable services with well-defined APIs that fit into Airbnb’s service oriented architecture
- Authoring and analyzing data pipelines to find new opportunities and metrics
- We continuously improve and extend the fraud investigation tools used by Airbnb operations. These tools aggregate and display data from across Airbnb’s internal systems, and enable our operations team to make accurate, efficient decisions on potentially fraudulent transactions, fake accounts, and more.
- We created graph data visualization and exploration tools that allow analysts to investigate clusters of fraudulent accounts and identify potentially compromised accounts.
- We built a system that allows analysts, data scientists, and engineers to react to fraud trends at scale, using queries on top of Airbnb’s Hive data warehouse.
- 2+ years industry experience
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Back to top