Frontend Software Engineer, Experiences
Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb’s product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests need for their travels. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission.
Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city. Experiences makes travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically.
We have already seen growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We are looking for collaborative and entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you are passionate about redefining travel, then this team is for you.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
In this role, you will:
- Build fast and easy-to-use web applications for millions of Experience hosts and guests.
- Host facing products include host onboarding flow, host performance dashboard, host calendar and pricing tools; and guest facing products including search, product page, payment flow, cancellation and alternation flows and review flows.
- Collaborate with cross functions (designers, product managers, data scientists and user researchers) to come up and conduct experimentations to improve user experience and reduce frictions.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end components and abstractions.
- Use state-of-art technologies (e.g. TypeScript, GraphQL, AMP) to improve Experiences web infrastructure, performance, and developer productivity.
- Contribute to Airbnb open source projects, like Hypernova and Enzyme.
- 2+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more…
Back to top