We believe people are fundamentally good. We also believe people deserve peace of mind. In order to achieve that, Airbnb is creating a cross-functional task-force to provide the support necessary to make our community safer. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing team with a tremendous purpose of making Airbnb the most trusted hospitality company on the planet, and beyond.
As a fraud specialist you will be working alongside with the Community Defense team, country teams and cross functional partners like Legal, Public Policy. We work proactively to identify and analyse threats to our platform as well as working with external vendors to mitigate losses.
The ideal candidate for this role would possess a passion for problem-solving, comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Data driven, and ability to see patterns within data
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate – ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
- Able to work and self-organise with rapidly changing priorities
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours
- 1-2 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Understanding of online payments and risk management in e-commerce strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English; fluency of a second language is a bonus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top