Financial Reporting Analyst
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
As a senior accountant, financial reporting, you will work closely with the global accounting and FP&A teams to deliver timely internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP. You will be responsible for external financial reporting comprising primary financial statements and supporting notes. You will also be responsible for preparing management reporting presentations and external investor based financial statements, including certain covenant compliance reporting.
- Support senior manager, financial reporting in coordinating with external auditors to deliver timely audit, including planning and to support interim reviews
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual GAAP balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and statement of shareholders’ equity utilizing an online reporting tool
- Prepare GAAP compliance checklists
- Coordinate with regional controllers to prepare period on period fluctuation analysis
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting presentations and present to senior management.
- Prepare and maintain calendar of recurring reporting requirements, including internal and external reporting
- Prepare external investor reporting and coordinate with investors on subsequent information requests
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual government reporting schedules
- Coordinate with FP&A team to support preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Act as primary lead on ad hoc reporting requirements
- Develop best practices processes and controls around financial reporting including maximizing online reporting capability
Supervision Responsibilities: No direct reports
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Certification preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience preferably with background with Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent and relevant financial reporting experience
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow; team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Back to top