Financial planning and analysis(FP&A) Lead, China
As Airbnb continues to expand our business globally, we are always looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. To this end, the FP&A team is looking for someone to lead its efforts in China. The person will be responsible for corporate-level planning and forecasting, strategic analysis, and competitive market research, and will be expected to provide thought leadership to the team to enhance financial performance and operational decision-making in our China business. The lead will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization, particularly the Head of our China Business, as well as Airbnb’s CFO and Head of FP&A.
Key responsibilities include
- Create and maintain detailed financial models and forecasts to support both short- and long-term strategic planning for our China business
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Regularly present analyses and readouts on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to China business leadership, as well as company leadership
- Provide deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities, including developing expertise on the local China travel/accommodations market dynamics
- Over time, manage a small team: to establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
What do we looking for
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Ideal candidates will have an MBA from a leading business school, and a proven track record of superior financial modeling and analysis. The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands. S/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Airbnb is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more mundane tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined and be able to work autonomously.
- 12 + years experience in analytical role(s) at an investment bank or management consulting firm and/or corporate development/financial planning
- MBA degree is a plus
- Must have Chinese language skills and experience working in China
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Ability to analyze market potential, the competitive landscape and potential opportunities/threats
- Ability to be a strong thought-partner to cross-functional colleagues
- Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex financial analyses to executives/ senior management clearly and concisely
- Prior experience managing direct reports
- Proficient with MS Excel; familiarity with SQL and/or Tableau is a plus
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top