Experiences Market Specialist(12 month Contractor)
*Please note this is will be a 12-month contractor role with 3rd party vendor position based in Beijing or Shanghai.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb Experiences are excursions, or other activities curated by Airbnb, designed and led by local hosts who give guests unique access into places and communities in their city. Guests can already book a wide variety of Experiences in Asia Pacific, such as making soup dumplings in Shanghai with a local expert and taking surfing lessons with passionate surfers in Bali.
We are looking to create a large number of entrepreneurs across China over the next few years on the Experiences platform. As a member of the Experiences team, you will be responsible for growing the supply of Experiences across the region, and driving growth strategy.
- Support the growth of Experiences for Chinese travelers across China.. Collaborate with a cross-functional teams on global and local initiatives.
- Initiate and manage projects, programs and partnerships that drives Experiences business growth at scale.
- Assess business performance, market opportunities and deep-dive into areas of strength and weakness.
- Support, listen to and learn from our experience host community and apply the learning.
- 2-4 year working experience in marketing operations or program operations. Working proficiency in both Mandarin and English.
- Passion for Airbnb Experiences and the sharing economy. Being an experience host on Airbnb is a strong plus.
- You are an excellent storyteller. Experience in copywriting and social marketing is a plus.
- You are in touch with the latest trends in entertainment, travel, lifestyle and what Chinese consumers want from their leisure time.
- You think and act like an entrepreneur. You are scrappy and goal driven, and think with a growth mindset.
- You have strong analytical skills with experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions. You’re comfortable using Excel or Google Sheets to manipulate data. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- You have great communication & people skills, and are able to quickly build relationships with partners, cross-functional teams and host communities.
- You have a hands-on approach, and are able to hustle to get things done quickly.
- You are highly detail-oriented and organized.
Back to top