Experience Researcher, Research and Design
What should Airbnb build in 2019 and beyond? Come join our rapid prototyping team that is pioneering the future of belonging. Testing our “craziest” ideas, we focus on identifying and building the products that will elevate human connection and transform communities 10 years from now.
User research is an important part of our discovery and development process. We are looking for a Research and Development Partner to help us create user and market discovery, run sprints and evaluate the results of the sprints.
In short, we are looking for someone to:
- Help identify new product opportunities through user and market research. Do user research before, during and after product design sprints.
- Project manage sprints and facilitate teams.
- Foster entrepreneurship within Airbnb.
- Conduct market size studies and help direct new technologies and products to the best use cases.
- Do pre-sprint research to inform, and end of sprint research to evaluate experiments.
- Survey satisfaction of the participants and help establish new sprint methods and practices to create better experiences every time.
- Bring insights about users by a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, log analysis, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or a new method.
- Share findings with designers, engineers, product managers, and others, creating a smarter, more informed and more empathetic product team.
Project manage sprints and facilitate teams
- Inform and participate in choosing themes for sprints that can lead to unique and impactful new products.
- Create and organize schedules for research, forming teams and sprint schedules. Work to create sprint follow up plans.
- Lead and facilitate sprints as a project manager and facilitator.
Help promote entrepreneurship within Airbnb through hosting teams and developing new programs
- Study employee goals and needs to make recommendations for improved educational programs around Creativity and Innovation.
- Develop new content for workshops and sprints to promote Creativity and Innovation at Airbnb.
- Help establish new programs around Creativity and Innovation at Airbnb.
- Participate in outreach to the company by teaching, telling stories, creating experiences.
- Helping promote new ideas and experiment results to the company.
- BS. or Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment and create results quickly and with little guidance
- Willingness for occasional travel to global offices to facilitate workshops and sprints
- Marketing analysis
- Visual and interaction design experience
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data analysis
- Coding/scripting skills
- Experience with cross-cultural products and international research
Same as Airbnb benefits
Back to top