Engineering Manager, Risk
Engineering Managers at Airbnb:
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
Trust is the foundation of Airbnb and the Risk team is a critical one in maintaining trust -- we defend Airbnb's community against bad actors who seek to exploit it. We protect Airbnb from financial fraud and our hosts and guests from account takeovers and scams. We also work to prevent "on trip" issues like property damage. Risk partners very closely with Airbnb's Trust and Safety team to accomplish these goals.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 2+ years of previous engineering management experience.
- Relevant domain experience in risk, fraud, or security.
- Proven technical expertise in areas like distributed systems, machine learning, or full stack development.
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies.
- Experience partnering cross functionally with Product Management, Data Science, and Design.
- Helped set product strategy for complex problem spaces.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top