Engineering Manager, Commerce
Engineering Manager, Commerce
Payments at Airbnb is responsible for everything related to settling money in Airbnb’s global marketplace. As part of Payments, the Commerce team’s goal is to create a launchpad for Airbnb’s emerging businesses.
We’re looking for an engineering leader who delights in building products to empower entrepreneurs from around the world, is comfortable piloting product experiments and scaling them into full-fledged products and teams, and is passionate about local communities and economies by giving them a global platform of guests and customers.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 6+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 12+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience in partnering with other leaders in setting product strategy
- Successfully partnered with Product, Data Science, Design, Finance, Legal, and Compliance functions
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Bonus: Experience of innovations within the global payments or commerce industry
- Bonus: Proficiency with Ruby on Rails & Java
Team responsibilities span multiple domains and disciplines:
- Financial products: Airbnb’s stored value platform and financial products distributed by Airbnb businesses, like offering capital to our hosts, and other credit based products.
- Incentives: Programs such as loyalty, discounts, coupons, and promotional and financial incentives.
- Checkout: The complete buying experience, including multi-product shopping cart and commerce-enabling services like order management, pricing, inventory, policies, seller tools, and customer profiles.
We hold ourselves and our team members to a very high bar:
- We are a team of entrepreneurs that are highly autonomous and full stack.
- We care about reliability, testability, and solid engineering design.
- We keep up with change by evolving as individuals.
- Our top priorities change daily where we constantly pivot towards things that are high impact.
- We are adaptive and well-balanced when considering solutions and the spectrum of possibilities.
- We recognize that creating software is a technical exercise mixed into a social exercise and thus communication matters, being proactive matters, and being influential matters.
We aim to be a force multiplier for the business by allowing it be increasingly global, making sure it is always running and available, and continuing to innovate on all fronts. We evolve ourselves, our team and our systems in calculated, focused and intelligent ways. Every single team member (both existing and new) contributes additional insight and perspective to improve the future of Payments at Airbnb.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top