Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Engineering Manager, Android Platform
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
The Android Platform engineering team builds frameworks, systems, and tooling that enable Airbnb to ship world class Android applications. By delivering application and testing frameworks, fast local builds, reliable continuous integration, and productivity enhancing tooling the Android Platform team is deeply involved in empowering Airbnb engineers to succeed. The engineering manager’s responsibilities include growing the team, working with product management to set a roadmap, and creating and executing on team objectives.
Aligned with our company mission, Belong Anywhere, we value the importance of diversity and belonging in the workplace, and that's why we commit to not discriminating on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Some examples of the Android Platform team’s work:
- Mavericks, the Android framework from Airbnb that we use for nearly all product development
- Epoxy, our library for building complex screens in a RecyclerView
- Optimized Gradle build for fast configuration and execution.
- Custom Airbnb Android Studio plugin to simplify developer workflow.
- Supporting testing tooling for our Android testing suite.
- Automated release management software.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience.
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience with Android frameworks, testing, or build tooling.
- Been actively involved in setting infrastructure roadmaps and product strategy.
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.