Engagement Marketing Specialist
Airbnb is looking for an Engagement Marketing Specialist to join the Performance Marketing team. Initial focus in this role is primarily on email production and campaign execution and will be central to driving personalized content that aligns with testing plans at an increasing scope and scale. The ideal candidate for this position will be quantitative, motivated, detail-oriented, and excited about marketing within the travel and hospitality space. This person should be a strong advocate of email marketing but be open to learning about new channels that can be used for engagement marketing.
The Engagement Marketing Specialist reports to the Engagement Marketing Manager and plays a critical role in day to day team functioning.
- Email production. Build, optimize, and track global email marketing campaigns.
- Project management. Execute email campaigns from start to finish while holding to strict deployment dates.
- Quality Assurance. Serve as point to ensure all email content is accurate, localized, and optimized.
- Segmentation and email list preparation, using SQL queries and Exact Target (other email service platform experience is accepted.)
- Reporting. Under direction of Engagement Manager, the Engagement Specialist will assist in compiling performance reports and dashboards.
- Quickly become a subject matter expert for customer and prospect data, email development and programs, marketing tracking and measurement.
- Structure and implement marketing tests to drive optimization (e.g., test creative, copy, audience segments, etc.)
- Collaborate with Airbnb local offices and various departments on email marketing execution.
- Occasional travel to global offices.
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing with demonstrated success in creating and executing effective email campaigns. International experience preferred.
- Experience with email platforms and production environments with a strong preference toward expertise with ExactTarget
- Proven experience in A/B and multivariate test design, execution and analysis
- Proven experience in execution of complex, multi-step emails
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS including responsive design
- Basic to intermediate SQL knowledge
- Collaborative with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with a desire to test, learn and iterate
Back to top