Employee Engagement Manager
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals.All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app
Role & Responsibilities
The Employee Experience team is seeking a highly proficient professional to help us scale the impact of our Ground Control team for our China office. The Ground Control team is responsible for executing programming, events and communications that engage employees in building our culture, keep them aligned to the mission + business and connected to each other + our community, and bringing our Core Values to life each day.
You possess incredible emotional intelligence and clarity driven by intuition. You anticipate the needs of others and work tirelessly to create an environment of trust, open and honest communications, always ensuring that Airbnb values are instilled in the process. You’re creative and resourceful and have a strong eye for detail. You’re an excellent event planner, communicator, strong project manager and team leader/player. You have a strong passion to help companies build and scale culture and drive strong employees engagement.
- Oversees GC strategy development, execution, and budgets for China
- Leads team in designing and executing GC strategy and ensuring a consistent and cohesive narrative and employee experience for all China offices
- Manages China GC budget and invest for maximum ROI
- Keeps a pulse on employee sentiment and the data and translates audience needs into team strategy/resource allocation
- Partner with Talent, Employee Experience team to create engagement strategy and programs to drive employee engagement and cultural ownership
- Partner with Core Values team to amplify and bring Core Values to life
- Maintains excellent relationships and creates a seamless and integrated employee experience approach by collaborating with stakeholders who deliver on the employee experience and local champions/ambassadors (Core Values Interviewers, Social Impact, Airfinity, and BE)
- Inside out - connect employees with our community outside
- 8+ years of experience in employee experience related roles, preferably in large companies, experience in a start-up environment is a plus
- Resourceful / problem solving
- Ability to make and maintain appropriate and strong relationships with stakeholders, including peers, leaders and manage diverse stakeholders across all of the work
- Strong business acumen, ability to connect dots and proactively gain direct insight into different facets of the business
- Self starter, driven and ability to work with ambiguity
- Native familiarity with China culture and customary practices
- Ability to execute events at scale (for 20 to 500 people), experience negotiating large contracts, partnerships with local businesses, and executing events on budget
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Mandarin (clear and culturally relevant, inspiring, thoughtful, great storytelling skills)
- Well-versed in dynamic and innovative approach to internal communications channels and ability to create content across a multi-channel system
- Strong project management skills and use of tools to oversee the work across a complex set of projects
- Experience overseeing budgets, tracking, analysis
- Tracking metrics and impact
- Creative! Finger on the pulse, and trend-setter
- Draft your email with the subject line: <Name_of_the_role> // <Your_Name>
- Send that email to:email@example.com
You’re seen as a natural leader. Your high emotional intelligence, intuition, and clarity make you a trusted advisor to the people you work with as well as those seeking advice. You often lead projects and teams of people who don't report to you, so your interpersonal skills are essential to driving the work. You’re well versed in and possess sophisticated listening skills which you leverage in conversation with your peers and leaders.
You have clear vision and your finger on the pulse of the business and surrounding community, which helps you understand what your audience wants/needs. You understand the composition of the teams you work with and bring them creative solutions. You are able to use your best judgment to make decisions, consulting your manager or company best practices when needed. You seamlessly execute on briefs, adapting and implementing for your site/audience and always in the context of the overall business strategy and needs.
You are well versed in Airbnb’s brand and visual identity thinking and guidelines. You lead your site, projects, and stakeholders with vision, driving the design strategy and creating inspiring briefs that guide the team's work. You are able to delightfully challenge other people's thoughts to help teams reach more creative outcomes together. You are honing your creative problem solving skills as you take on complex projects and problems related to your teams and/or cross-functional outcomes (including leading or contributing to global projects and working with diverse stakeholders).
You are comfortable navigating your work through a complex and ever-changing environment, often overcoming challenges. Your working style puts others at ease.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top