Diversity Business Partner, Technology
As an Airbnb Diversity and Belonging team member, you’ll apply your diversity-related skill set to our core values and “Belong Anywhere” mission to help attract, grow and retain diverse talent. Belonging is the thread that weaves through every touchpoint at Airbnb. Diversity is the needle that guides this thread. At Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs. All Diversity and Belonging team members will exercise domain expertise, program management skills, facilitation skills and stakeholder management.
- Assist the Director of Diversity & Belonging in developing a dynamic and comprehensive global diversity strategy encompassing the Airbnb employee experience and the Airbnb global platform. Develop a strategic plan focused on recruitment, retention, and related constructs in the tech space. Implement the plan with a focus on continuous innovation.
- Apply efforts across the tech ecosystem to include Engineering, Design, Product, Data Science and ITX.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to develop and execute data-driven, strategic activities to recruit, grow and retain top diverse talent.
- Identify, evaluate and present new recruitment sources that will generate a broad array of diverse tech applicants.
- Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with current and new diversity-related organizations, partnerships and influencers in the tech space..
- Monitor employment activities in the tech space such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations/exit trends, transfers and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity-related initiatives.
- Partner with and support internal teams to drive programs that integrate diversity into staffing, performance management, compensation, benefits, people analytics, etc.
- Partner with the Talent Design and Learning team to develop and deliver diversity-related educational curricula, strategies and tools for the tech space to include cross-cultural competency and unconscious bias trainings. Create and deliver innovative diversity roundtables, focus groups, and other discussion forums to learn from and educate the employee population.
- In concert with the people analytics team, develop, maintain and monitor diversity metrics, corresponding dashboards and quarterly reports to measure success and plan strategically.
- Translate industry best practices into readily consumable programs and products aligned to business need.
- At least 4 years of progressive responsibility in diversity and inclusion, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- At least 4 years of experience in recruitment, retention, talent management, project management, and strategic HR operations.
- Track record for delivering results through successful program design and implementation in a client-facing, change management, or consulting role.
- Track record of complex project management, a bias to action and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively across a complex organization.
- Well-developed influencing skills and ability to drive education, creative thinking and evolution of current practices.
- Ability to anticipate future needs of, or opportunities for, the business from a diversity and belonging perspective.
Back to top