Diversity Business Partner, Technology
As an Airbnb Diversity and Belonging team member, you’ll integrate your program management and diversity-related skill sets into our “Belong Anywhere” culture to help attract, grow and retain diverse, global talent. Belonging is the thread that weaves through every touchpoint at Airbnb. Diversity is the needle that guides this thread. At Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
All Diversity and Belonging team members will exercise domain expertise, program management skills, facilitation skills and stakeholder management. As a Diversity Business Partner, you’ll be embedded deeply in the business and will work closely with tech teams to drive programming intended to attract, support and retain diverse talent. The selectee will work primarily in the engineering/tech space with a focus on inclusion and retention.
- Work alongside the Director of Diversity & Belonging in developing a dynamic and comprehensive global diversity strategy encompassing the Airbnb employee experience and the Airbnb global platform.
- Provide consultative expertise to engineering and cross-functional tech teams to develop and execute data-driven, strategic activities to attract, grow and retain top diverse talent.
- Work with internal teams to include learning and development, talent partners and employee resource groups, and conduct surveys, feedback sessions, focus groups, 1:1 meetings and other interactions to fully understand inclusion and retention challenges; utilize findings to create and implement strategy.
- Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with current and new diversity-related organizations, partners and influencers in the tech space.
- Actively work with relevant teams and leaders to pilot and develop new programming focused on inclusion and retention -- build a culture of experimentation.
- Develop measures to assess effectiveness of retention and inclusion initiatives.
- Monitor employment activities in the tech space such as applicant flow, new hires, termination/exit trends, compensation, internal mobility, transfers and promotions to identify potential areas of inclusion and retention focus.
- In concert with the people analytics team, develop, maintain and monitor diversity metrics, corresponding dashboards and reports to measure success and plan strategically.
- Translate industry best practices into readily consumable programs and products aligned to business need.
- At least 10 years of experience to include recruitment, retention, training, talent management, program management, and/or strategic HR operations, with at least four of those years in the diversity and inclusion space (preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech environment).
- Proven ability to drive and measure inclusion and retention strategies throughout an organization.
- Track record for delivering results through successful program design and implementation in a client-facing, change management, or consulting role.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively across a complex organization.
- Well-developed influencing skills and ability to drive education, creative thinking and evolution of current practices.
- Ability to anticipate future needs of, or opportunities for, the business from a diversity and belonging perspective.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top