Director, Trust and Safety
Trust is at the foundation of everything we do at Airbnb and we are looking for a transformational leader to lead, inspire and innovate as continue to work hard to develop the most trusted platform in the world for our guests and hosts. In addition to leading a growing operations team of 200 globally, you will play a critical role in partnering with cross functional team members across CX (customer experience), product, engineering, analytics, legal, PR/communications, IT, internal tools and others.
- Responsible for all online and offline fraud and safety concerns, including but not limited to account security, property damage, safety concerns, and user trust.
- Help design, develop, and execute upon a global, best-in-class Trust and Safety strategy that integrates product, analytics, and operational effectiveness to proactively mitigate risk as well as manage the overall safety of our online and offline customer experience when incidents happen.
- Develop policies for hosts and guest in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization to enable trust and safety to be maintained and enhanced
- Work with product teams to ensure new products are launched with fraud protection on day zero
- Ensure exceptional day-to-day operation of the global trust and safety teams located primarily in SF, Portland, Dublin and Singapore as well as oversee a strategic support services team of training, quality, project management, policy, systems and scheduling resources
- Collaborate with legal and PR/Communications as needed to respond to online/offline safety issues effectively
- Engage and maintain productive relationship with outsourced providers and effectively source and leverage outsourced resources to manage workload and customer demand.
- Work closely with Customer Experience leaders to ensure consistency and to collaborate on company-wide customer operations initiatives.
- Directly manage Operations Managers (3), Head of Law Enforcement, Head of Shared Services, and Community Policy who oversee team of 200+ people.
- Extend Trust & Safety vision worldwide to be truly global
Requirements/Desired Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 10 years senior management in Trust and Safety, Fraud, Risk Management and/or related role.
- Experience leading a Global team of 100+ employees
- Proven track record in operations management, with measurable and demonstrated process improvement results
- Experience working with product/engineering, analytics and IT teams to inform and develop business needs to improve trust across the platform as well as operational effectiveness and response time
- Industry experience in eCommerce, sharing economy and/or online market place
- Experience working internationally, with a global mindset
- Strong People Leader with the ability to motivate and inspire large teams
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships across multiple teams and time zones
- Strategic thinker who can go from vision to execution
- Analytical mindset and ability to work closely with product and engineering teams
- Flexible/Adaptable and willing to embrace change
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and work closely with teams
- Open to travel to locations around world
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top