Director of Diversity and Belonging
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Airbnb’s goals around diversity transcend any other company we know. We are looking to find someone who is creative enough to help Airbnb as it continues to foster an authentically diverse and inclusive culture and community by bringing our “Belong Anywhere” mission to life in our offices, on our platform, and beyond. We want this person to be strategic enough to build the roadmap that will actualize this overall vision, operationally sound enough to execute the necessary tasks and interpersonally approachable enough to be a discussion partner to all our people. In order to achieve these goals, we must be fearless and relentless.
- Lead company-wide initiatives to evolve our Belonging@ mission - To become an authentically diverse and inclusive company and community by bringing ‘Belong Anywhere’ to life in our offices, on our platform, and beyond.
- Effectively lead and manage the Diversity & Belonging team.
- Create and implement a comprehensive global diversity and belonging strategy.
- Serves as a listener/advisor to employees looking for a sounding board.
- Provide accountability for plan implementation and coordinate all activities to achieve plan. Identify and escalate any risks to plan.
- Represent Airbnb and its diversity and belonging initiatives to external audiences through public presentations, interviews and forums.Working with Diversity Recruiting Program manager and Talent, develop systemic structures to attract, develop, motivate, retain, and promote diverse team members, ensuring strategic partnerships with universities and organizations.
- Coordinate ongoing assessments of diversity efforts that use a range of data-gathering approaches. Create practical targets with initiatives required to achieve targets. Create and report out metrics to E-team to gauge progress.
- Build out training modules on hidden bias and other topics for our employees and our community.
- Oversee activities, committees, and Employee Resource Groups that focus on the promotion of diversity and belonging programming, outreach, and education.
- Serve as a consultant resource to the business, working closely with all of our teams to infuse belonging into Airbnb programs, processes and all that we do.
- Work with Communications to support community relations and external outreach related to the strategy, creating communication strategy both internally and externally.
- Build strong partnerships with external organizations that promote and support diversity and belonging. Work with Global Citizenship team to create and implement a diversity funding strategy.
- 12+ years of experience in diversity programs and strategy or related work
- Strong track record of leading innovative, effective diversity and belonging programs in fast-growing, dynamic companies
- Program management experience required
- Strong partnership skills and ability to influence across organizations on all levels
- Solid understanding of diversity recruitment trends, metrics, and best practices
- Ability to speak publicly about our efforts, provide trainings and clearly communicate updates
Back to top