Director of Customer Experience APAC
We are looking for an experienced and motivational leader to lead our APAC Customer Operations. This role will be the single point of contact in the region for the Head of Customer Experience for Airbnb. He/she will report to the Head of Customer Experience and will be based in Singapore. The role will be responsible for service delivery in APAC across several sites - currently Seoul, Singapore, Tokyo, and Manila. There will also be significant involvement with the China business and scaling CX in that country. He/she will set goals, policies and best practices for the entire team, working with counterparts in North America and EMEA.
The role will manage the CX team on the ground, with matrixed responsibilities across shared services functions. The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb and our community.
- Agreements, Productivity, Quality, NPS, Escalation Rate and Contact Rate.
- Work with global teams to understand root cause of performance challenges and drive a philosophy of continuous business improvement.
- Monitor costs and losses across the APAC operations teams.
- Ensure employee happiness within the CX teams in APAC by creating strong connections with the whole team and utilizing effective communication to help translate the Mission of Airbnb into meaningful and clear goals.
- Keep a regular and open line of communication with the OM to support and influence as needed.
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for team structure, recruiting, onboarding and training by working with CX leadership, direct reports and other business partners.
Strategy & Planning:
- Translate company goals into clear and comprehensive directives for team. Support direct reports as they implement new directives.
- Stay ahead of the growth and business direction and ensure that Operations in APAC is set
- up for success.
- Keep an active look out for risks, potential gains and issues to anticipate advancements and opportunities to advance the team’s goals.
- Work with Heads of to determine best strategic locations for the future growth of APAC Operations.
- Work with Head of Global Partner Management on the local partner strategy and support growth of partner network within the region.
- Work with local Customer Voice (CV) role to be a strong source of feedback on APAC customer needs and gaps. Ensure that any barriers to excellent service are understood and shared with product team via CV.
- Highlight with the Local Supply team any barriers to users in APAC adopting or using Airbnb for their accommodation rental or needs.
- Lead and/or participate in Operations-specific and/or company wide projects that may be assigned by leadership.
- Seasonal or Special projects based on the needs of the team or the customer.
- Handle any serious escalations in the local timezone, looping in colleagues in NA or EMEA.
Skills, Competencies and Must-haves:
- Teach direct reports to become “Ultimate Hosts” as leaders for their own direct reports.
- Champion Airbnb’s Mission to help teams understand how their work contributes to end goals. Work with direct reports to create team cohesion and fulfillment.
Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills:
- Ability to look at each problem or data set from many different angles to find innovative and simple solutions.
- Ability to take what is available and build a fort with it; it’s not a problem, it’s a challenge.
- Be a cereal entrepreneur and ensure that we are using our resources to the best result possible. Show skills in managing budgets and handling forecasts.
- Able to see through complexity to find best path forward.
- Embrace the adventure with Peers, Partners, and teams and use superior communication skills to cultivate professional relationships with Key Partners.
- Use innovative channels of communication to keep teams up-to-date with day-to-day changes in expectations and goals that are relevant to their roles.
- Minimum 10 years senior management experience in an operations role.
- Experience leading customer operations teams of 100+ employees.
- Track record of results and strong leadership
Multi-lingual, ideally with Mandarin and/or one other APAC language.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top