Digital Media Manager, Global
Digital Media Manager, Global (Programmatic & Paid Social)
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From tree houses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
Airbnb’s Marketing team is responsible for driving both brand success and performance acquisition goals by planning & delivering digital media strategies globally. You will leverage help Airbnb achieve our consideration and conversion lift goals by leading strategic programmatic agency partners and/or managing media buys directly in house. This role will be responsible for ensuring a globally aligned and locally relevant media strategy for the various markets across the globe.
As a Global Digital Media Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, setup and execution of full funnel digital media campaigns on behalf of the Marketing organization. This role utilizes a strong performance programmatic and paid social background with an understanding of how to deliver against upper funnel objectives to deliver plans which drive the business forward from awareness to conversion.
You will be required to work closely with several cross-functional teams such as Media Activation, Performance Marketing/Paid Growth Acquisition, Measurement & Analytics, Consumer Insights, FP&A, Data Science, Social and Content teams. Success in this role means maximizing the value of our digital media investments in order to optimize reach, engagement and impact for the global Airbnb brand.
- Collaborate with the media & connections team to help define the digital media strategy and channel mix to optimize media budgets, creative execution and campaign objectives.
- Partner closely with the Global Connections and Media Activation team to improve digital operations and efficiency by understanding global and local market nuances and building scalable solutions to address needs.
- Support coordination with teams based in HQ and globally to ensure deployment of digital media strategies focused around the global go-to-market.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience at interactive, advertising or marketing agencies and/or experience managing digital media buying for a brand—preferably in the consumer travel vertical.
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of all digital media channels, with a proven track record in programmatic buying, trafficking, DSP partners, behavioral/audience targeting and paid social for top of funnel and performance goals.
- Agile and able to adapt quickly. Can operate in a high growth business where change is constant and flexibility is key to ensure success for the greater team.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to foster an environment for cross-departmental collaboration.
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, pivot graphs, formulas, etc.) is a must with SQL and GA experience preferred.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top