DevOps Engineer, Systems
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 192 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb is growing rapidly and we are on the lookout for high energy employees to grow the Systems Operations team. As a DevOps Engineer, Systems at Airbnb, you will be working with the global IT team solving complex, time sensitive production issues. You will be the conduit between many business and technology facing teams and help shape and improve the operability of our systems and services. Your passion for understanding, reverse engineering and analyzing technical systems will directly impact the success of how our IT services operate.
Please note: To apply, you must have proven industry experience greater than 5 years. Applicants who are considered mid to senior level in experience are desired. Thank you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability and availability of global IT systems
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of production infrastructure
- Participate in rotating on-call incident response after normal business hours and on weekends
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations
- Manage a ticket queue of troubleshooting escalations, security vulnerability remediations and completing manual tasks that are not yet automated or require human touch
- Participate cross functionally with vendors and other IT engineering teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- In-depth experience deploying and maintaining monitoring and logging tools
- Must have strong automation/scripting skills -- proficiency in python or ruby is a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Understanding of Google domain management and administration
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge of version control software, github enterprise preferred
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency with Linux
- Familiar with LDAP, Active Directory, and SSO
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or EE, or relevant industry experience is required
Back to top