No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its and we give the best high-fives in town.
The Design Tools team at Airbnb is a small group of multi-disciplinary individuals that help bridge the gap between design and engineering. Our mission is to build tools and systems that empower designers to move quicker and design smarter. We closely partner with the Design team at Airbnb to develop creative, useful and delightful solutions to complex problems.
We are seeking a Design Technologist who will support our team in advancing Airbnb’s digital product. In this role you will be working with designers and engineers of all levels on a wide variety of projects from building high-fidelity prototypes to creating new tools and integrations needed to help solve our most complex problems efficiently and effectively.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for getting their hands dirty, making stuff and building tools to empower others to solve real world problems more efficiently. Candidates must be comfortable living in the two worlds of design and engineering and help bridge the two. A sixth-sense for choosing the right tool for the job, and being quick to learn new tools and languages, you should be comfortable with front end programming, and have an itch to build quickly to help solve design problems.
- Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
- Ability to rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
- Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
- Partner with Designers to discover, define and deliver tools and systems to optimize the design workflow.
- Lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity.
- Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work.
- Help develop, implement and evangelize tools and process that allow design and development to work closely together on rapid iteration of design concepts.
- Jump between a wide variety of projects, ranging from building out prototypes to managing libraries of test hardware to building new design tools.
- A proficiency with front end-programming (web, desktop, mobile, native)
- Strong design sensibility with solid UX design experience
- Working knowledge of Swift (or similar) and ability to create click through prototypes with functional components
- Experience working against real APIs and common data formats to help facilitate “real world” scenario user tests.
- Able to work quickly and iteratively with both design and engineering on UI ideas until a final design is achieved
- Excellent collaboration skills
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Weekly happy hour
Does this sound like you? Click the APPLY button now and send us your CV and cover letter.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top