Data Scientist, Regional Analytics (Sales)
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
The Geo Data Science team empowers regions making on-the-ground decisions and carries those insights to better inform central team strategy. The sales role aims to guide our APAC sales team by delivering high-quality data, analytics tools, and insights to drive strategy and decision-making for sales and B2B marketing at Airbnb.
You will help develop analytical models, reporting, and insights to amplify the performance of our Sales and B2B marketing organization. Projects you work on may relate to lead prioritization, sales cycle optimization, sales experimentation, forecasting, partnership management, or a variety of other domains supporting sales teams across multiple business segments.
- Collaborate with the Sales Data Science team to define key sales performance metrics
- Inform ROI models and attribution frameworks via regional analysis
- Surface insights on the sales conversion pipeline, customer segmentation, and customer success
- Collaborate with engineering to establish data pipelines and data hygiene
- Create dashboards and reports that provide ongoing insight to business stakeholders
- Assist sales ops teams in using lead prioritization and churn prediction model outputs
- Partner with sales ops and regional directors to develop regional supply acquisition strategy
- Help design and inform data-driven systems that increase sales agent success
- 4+ years analytics experience required; Master/PhD degree in a quantitative field is a plus
- 1+ years experience in Sales analytics: experience using data and reporting capabilities of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics preferred
- Extensive project management experience, with proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate to sales and marketing partners
- Experience with conveying problem statements, proposed solutions, and impact via written communication and presentations
- Fluency in the core toolkit of Data Science:
- Manipulating large-scale data sets
- Designing and implementing of visualizations, dashboards, and reports
- Descriptive and predictive modeling a plus
Back to top