Data Scientist, Policy Data Science, APAC
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. However, information is only as valuable as it is understood by decision-makers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our Policy Data Science team and serve as the data science partner for our Asia Pacific (APAC) Public Policy and Communications team.
The ideal candidate has an interest in public policy and regulatory issues, an eye for detail, strong communication skills, and a keenness for problem solving. Examples of projects you would work on include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the business and city impacts of various regulatory proposals in order to inform internal and external decisions
- Defining key metrics
- Creating business critical dashboards
- Collaborating with external consultants and academics on research
The Singapore-based policy data scientist will partner with APAC policy and communications leadership as well as with the rest of the San Francisco-based Policy Data Science team to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative that directly informs business decisions and external communications. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business decisions, and shape informed city policy, we want to hear from you.
- Must have:
- Professional experience in data analysis and visualization
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Python, Stata, or Matlab
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience designing and delivering presentations for senior leaders
- 5+ years of applicable industry experience
- Also valuable:
- Familiarity with policy and communications domains
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboarding software such as Tableau or Google Analytics
- Leadership or managerial experience
- 1 or more APAC language capability
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top