Data Scientist, New Grad 2019 - Inference
In order to be considered for this role, you must be graduating from an advanced degree program in Winter of 2018 or Spring/Summer of 2019. Note: Due to volume of applications we receive, we kindly ask that you only apply to a maximum of one Data Scientist role from among those posted. This does not preclude you from being considered for multiple roles. Thank you.
Airbnb’s mission is to connect people to unique travel experiences, in more than 34,000 cities and 190 Countries. We are making it possible for hosts to supplement their income while helping visitors from around the world experience neighborhoods and communities outside traditional tourist zones.
Here at Airbnb, we’re big fans of travel. We love thinking about the diversity of experiences our host community offers, and we spend a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the tens of thousands of cities where people are booking trips every night. The tricky thing is, most of us haven’t been to Cuba, so we try to come up with creative ways to help people find the experience they’re looking for in places they may have never been. The data science team works in tandem with product management, engineering, and design teams to solve for things like this.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical fundamentals: Pursuing a PhD or MS in CS, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics or other quantitative field with an expected graduation date latest of Summer 2019.
- Preferred fields of study are statistics, math, economics, or related discipline.
- Tools: Experience using R, Python, and/or SQL.
- Product sense: Ability to connect your analysis to real world phenomena, always thinking about how insights from the data can be used to improve Airbnb.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to distill and share complex technical concepts to a less technical audience.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Back to top