Data Scientist, New Grad 2019 - Analytics
In order to be considered for this role, you must be graduating from your degree program in Winter of 2018 or Spring/Summer of 2019. Note: Due to volume of applications we receive, we kindly ask that you only apply to a maximum of one Data Scientist role from among those posted. This does not preclude you from being considered for multiple roles. Thank you.
Airbnb’s mission is to connect people to unique travel experiences, in more than 34,000 cities and 190 Countries. We are making it possible for hosts to supplement their income while helping visitors from around the world experience neighborhoods and communities outside traditional tourist zones.
Here at Airbnb, we’re big fans of travel. We love thinking about the diversity of experiences our host community offers, and we spend a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the tens of thousands of cities where people are booking trips every night. The tricky thing is, most of us haven’t been to Cuba, so we try to come up with creative ways to help people find the experience they’re looking for in places they may have never been. The data science team works in tandem with product management, engineering, and design teams to solve for things like this.
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Deep dive analysis into Airbnb’s vast data to uncover opportunities.
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to help “tell the story” behind the data.
- Product Strategy:
- Partnering with leadership to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth/quality.
- Evaluate and define product and business metrics.
- Product Execution:
- Communicate state of the business to stakeholders.
- Digest and interpret experiments.
- Decision Tools:
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports).
- Build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Pursuing a PhD, MS or BS in CS, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics or other quantitative field with an expected graduation date of Winter 2018 or Spring/Summer 2019. We will also consider candidates with quantitative backgrounds who are currently enrolled in business school.
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution.
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences, including ability to “story tell” with data.
- Ability to write and mentor code development in SQL and Python (or R).
- Experience with dashboard design and data viz tools (i.e. Tableau) is a plus
- Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Back to top