Data Scientist, Natural Language Processing (NLP) Specialist
We are looking for a data scientist to lead NLP projects and other machine learning efforts on the Support Products team at Airbnb Seattle.
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. At the backbone of this is a world class customer support team and the innovative technology that enables them. The Support Products team aims to provide personalized, on-demand support for our users to resolve their issues quickly, surface the most useful information at the right time, and enable Airbnb Support to scale with the growing business.
In this role, you will lead the technical efforts to leverage Airbnb's rich data and state-of-art machine learning infrastructure to develop data products used by millions of customers and thousands of customer service agents. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers and fellow data scientists in defining the frontier of data products in customer service.
Examples of projects you may lead:
- Identify user issue from incoming customer service ticket in real time.
- Build a conversational assistant (Chatbot) to solve simple cases with minimal human intervention, gather relevant information, and escalate to human agents when necessary.
- Automatic recommendation of relevant Help Center articles
- Build machine learning models to route customer issues to the right customer service agent.
- Automatically suggest response template and actions for customer service agents.
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- 4+ years experience leading the development of machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, especially natural language processing (NLP).
- Advanced degree in quantitative field.
- Proven ability to tailor machine learning solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
- Experience with distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark, Mahout or equivalent). Applied experience preferred.
- Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Scala preferred).
- Experience productionizing machine learning models is a plus.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexbile Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top