Data Scientist, Intern 2019 - Analytics
In order to be considered for this internship, you must be graduating from an advanced degree program in Winter of 2019 or Spring/Summer of 2020. Please submit only one application to your preferred data science track. If you have an interest in multiple tracks or locations, please advise your recruiter once contact has been made.
Airbnb’s mission is to connect people to unique travel experiences, in more than 34,000 cities and 190 Countries. We are making it possible for hosts to supplement their income while helping visitors from around the world experience neighborhoods and communities outside traditional tourist zones.
Here at Airbnb, we’re big fans of travel. We love thinking about the diversity of experiences our host community offers, and we spend a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the tens of thousands of cities where people are booking trips every night. The tricky thing is, most of us haven’t been to Cuba, so we try to come up with creative ways to help people find the experience they’re looking for in places they may have never been. The data science team works in tandem with product management, engineering, and design teams to solve for things like this.
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Deep dive analysis into Airbnb’s vast data to uncover opportunities.
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to help “tell the story” behind the data.
- Product Strategy:
- Partnering with leadership to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth/quality.
- Evaluate and define product and business metrics.
- Product Execution:
- Communicate state of the business to stakeholders.
- Digest and interpret experiments.
- Decision Tools:
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports).
- Build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Currently pursuing a PhD, MS or BS in CS, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics or other quantitative field.
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution.
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences, including ability to “story tell” with data.
- Ability to write and mentor code development in SQL and Python (or R).
- Experience with dashboard design and data viz tools (i.e. Tableau) is a plus.
- Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
- Competitive pay, a generous housing bonus, and Paid Time Off
- Quarterly employee travel coupons so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by the local cuisine of listings from around the world
- Company-sponsored tech talks and social events
- Much more…
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Amy W.Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top