Data Scientist, Intern 2018 - Inference
In order to be considered for this internship, you must be graduating from an advanced degree program in either Fall of 2018 or Spring/Summer of 2019. Please do not apply for an internship if your graduation date is Spring / Summer 2018 or earlier.
Airbnb’s mission is to connect people to unique travel experiences, in more than 34,000 cities and 190 Countries. We are making it possible for hosts to supplement their income while helping visitors from around the world experience neighborhoods and communities outside traditional tourist zones.
Here at Airbnb, we’re big fans of travel. We love thinking about the diversity of experiences our host community offers, and we spend a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the tens of thousands of cities where people are booking trips every night. The tricky thing is, most of us haven’t been to Cuba, so we try to come up with creative ways to help people find the experience they’re looking for in places they may have never been. The data science team works in tandem with product management, engineering, and design teams to solve for things like this.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a PhD or MS in CS, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics or other quantitative field.
- Preferred fields of study are statistics, math, economics, or related discipline.
- Tools: Experience using R, Python, and/or SQL.
- Product sense: Ability to connect your analysis to real world phenomena, always thinking about how insights from the data can be used to improve Airbnb.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to distill and share complex technical concepts to a less technical audience.
- Competitive pay, a generous housing bonus, and Paid Time Off
- Quarterly employee travel coupons so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by the local cuisine of listings from around the world
- Company-sponsored tech talks and social events
- Much more…
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top