Data Scientist - Inference, Trust
Note: Due to volume of applications we receive, we kindly ask that you only apply to a maximum of one Data Scientist role from among those posted. This does not preclude you from being considered for multiple roles. Thank you.
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our Identity team (part of the broader Trust team) and expand upon the work we’ve done. Building trust begins with clear identity matching, and here are some examples of projects we currently need help with:
- Conduct rigorous A/B experiments in interlocking parts of our product where careful experimental design is required to ensure valid results.
- Build statistical models to predict confidence in a user’s identity.
- Work with our operations team to discover insights about where our product falls short, and then partner with engineers to make improvements.
- Develop machine learning models with our Trust and Safety team that can identify risky behavior before impacting our community.
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in Python & SQL.
- 3+ years of industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field, PhD is a plus.
- Solid understanding of statistics and experimentation.
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it.
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience.
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexbile Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top