Data Scientist - Inference, Product and Service Excellence
Note: Due to volume of applications we receive, we kindly ask that you only apply to a maximum of one Data Scientist role from among those posted. This does not preclude you from being considered for multiple roles. Thank you.
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our team and expand upon the work we have done. Here are some examples of projects we currently need help with:
- Ownership: conceptualize, create, and maintain monitoring dashboards for tracking key metrics
- Experimentation: design and analyze the results of experiments to measure impact of features and new products
- Creativity: refine and improve definition of metrics as the company’s challenges and data evolve
- Engineering: collaborate with data engineers to better log data and manage the timeliness and accessibility of data tables
- Investigation: carry out ad hoc descriptive analysis according to product needs, whether it be potential product opportunities or for debugging
- Empowerment: strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and generalizable by other team members in the future
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in R or Python
- 3+ years in industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field, PhD is a plus
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Professional experience in data analysis and visualization
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top