Data Scientist - Inference, China
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward.
We’re seeking experienced data scientists to join our efforts in China. China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing outbound travel market. At Airbnb, we want to help the new audience of Chinese travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations. We’re looking at how we localize our product for China to succeed in the unique China ecosystem. The team is very small and lean, and this role provides an opportunity to make a huge impact on Airbnb’s growth in China.
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help propel Airbnb’s mission in China, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- Speaks fluent Chinese and proficient English
- Based in Beijing or willing to relocate
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in R or Python
- 3+ years in industry and a Master's degree in a quantitative field, PhD is a plus
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top