Data Scientist - Inference
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our team and expand upon the work we have done. Here are some examples of projects we currently need help with:
- This position is based in Airbnb Beijing Office
- Evolve our user lifetime value models and use them to direct growth marketing campaigns toward where they will have the maximum impact
- Build statistical models to predict demand and supply of listings by geography
- Work with our customer experience team to convert unstructured text to insights about where our product falls short, and then partner with engineers to make improvements
- Work with our marketplace team to develop a new price recommendation algorithm for our host community
- Develop machine learning models with our Trust and Safety team that can identify risky behavior before impacting our community
- Improve the statistical methodology behind our experimentation platform to ensure that our understanding of product changes is rigorous and accurate
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in R or Python
- 3+ years in industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field, PhD is a plus
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Amy W.Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top