Data Scientist, Analytics - WorldWide Sales
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
The Sales Data Science team empowers our global sales teams by delivering high-quality data, analytics tools, and insights to drive strategy and decision-making for sales and B2B marketing at Airbnb.
You will lead the development of analytical models, reporting, and insights to amplify the performance of our Sales and B2B marketing organization. Projects you own may relate to lead prioritization, sales cycle optimization, sales experimentation, forecasting, or a variety of other domains supporting sales teams across multiple business segments.
- Define key sales performance metrics and build ROI models
- Develop sales experimentation and attribution frameworks
- Surface insights on the sales conversion pipeline, customer segmentation, and customer success
- Collaborate with engineering to establish data pipelines and data hygiene
- Create dashboards and reports that provide ongoing insight to business stakeholders
- Develop advanced and predictive models such as lead prioritization, churn prediction and assist sales ops teams in using these models
- Partner with sales ops and regional directors to develop regional supply acquisition strategy
- Design and implement data-driven systems that increase sales agent success
- 6+ years analytics experience required; Master/PhD degree in a quantitative field is a plus
- 3+ years experience in Sales analytics: experience using data and reporting capabilities of Marketo, Salesforce.com and Google Analytics preferred
- Extensive project management experience, with proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate to sales and marketing partners
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fluency in the core toolkit of Data Science:
- Advanced SQL/Hive
- Manipulating large-scale data sets
- Descriptive and predictive modeling
- Implementing visualizations, dashboards, and reports
Back to top