Data Scientist - Analytics, Trust: Identity
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our Data Science team draws insights from our rich two-sided marketplace data to propel our community and product forward. Together we can create a place where we can belong anywhere.
Information is only valuable if it is understood. As a Data Scientist focused on analytics, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the business by creatively exploring the data to inform what we do differently. You’ll define success and measure our progress, and you’ll make sure that your team and the company overall know what is happening. We think of data as the voice of the user at scale. You’ll be that translator. And because Airbnb is a global product with people traveling to each other’s homes, you’ll be responsible for understanding what works differently in those cultural contexts.
We have a strong team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
About Trust: Identity Data Science
We are a group of data scientists working on products and analytics to enhance Trust and Safety on Airbnb’s platform and offline. What’s the best way to know our users are who they say they are? How do people’s online and offline identities interact? How do we balance privacy, security, and user experience? You’ll get a chance to work on these high impact projects with cutting edge analytics. Join us if you want to up-level your skills while solving hard problems with a group of talented people in a highly collaborative environment!
- Identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Maintain the right balance between speed to market and analytical soundness when designing solutions
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Investigate challenging questions around user experience to understand the voice of our user
- Owner conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Partner with Engineering to improve data source quality
- Empower the entire team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets
- 4+ years Professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Proficiency in SQL and some experience with a programming language like Python, R, etc.
- Ability to identify complex business problems and provide sound analytical/modeling solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross- functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Ability to build clear and easy to understand dashboards and presentations
- 7+ years industry experience
- Extensive experience with Python or R
- Experience with large-scale data modeling and data set creation
- Ability to design and run experiments
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top