Data Scientist - Analytics, Trust
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our Data Science team draws insights from our rich two-sided marketplace data to propel our community and product forward. Together we can create a place where we can belong anywhere.
Information is only valuable if it is understood. As a Data Scientist focused on analytics, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the business, by creatively exploring the data to inform what we do differently. You’ll define success and measure our progress, and you’ll make sure that your team and company overall know what is happening. We think of data as the voice of the user at scale. You’ll be that translator. And because Airbnb is a global product with people traveling to each other’s homes, you’ll be responsible for understanding what works differently in those cultural contexts.
We have a strong team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
About Trust Data Science
We are a group of data scientists working on products and analytics to enhance Trust and Safety on Airbnb platform and offline. What’s the best way to know our users are who they say they are? How much loss do we prevent for our users for each fake listing blocked? How do we prevent offline incidences via timely and optimized workflows? You’ll get a chance to work on these high impact projects with cutting edge analytics and/or algorithms. Join us if you want to uplevel your skills while solving hard problems with a group of talented people in a highly collaborative environment!
- Identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Maintain the right balance between speed to market and analytical soundness when designing solutions
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Investigate challenging questions around user experience to understand the voice of our user
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Strategize and execute on making analyses easily repeatable and accessible
If you have an extensive background in data analytics field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you!! We have multiple roles open right now, at multiple levels of seniority.
- 4+ years Professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Proficiency in SQL and some experience with a programming language like Python, R, etc.
- Ability to identify complex business problems and provide sound analytical/modeling solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross- functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Ability to build clear and easy to understand dashboards and presentations
- 7+ years industry experience
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience with Tableau
- Ability to model and run experiments
- Ability to ramp up to data science manager role in the near future
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Back to top