Data Scientist - Analytics, Risk
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of data which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. However, information is only as valuable as it is understood by decision-makers. We are looking for talented analysts, at all levels of experience and seniority, that can work cross-functionally with Data Scientists and business partners to translate insights to action.
The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, great communication, and a keenness for problem solving. Examples of projects you would work on include, but are not limited to, creating business critical dashboards, defining key metrics, and investigating challenging questions around user behavior. Working alongside Data Scientists who dig deep into Airbnb's data, you will help them translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
Leverage data to drive business and product decisions, including, but not limited to:
- Define key metrics to measure success of risk-prevention efforts; refine as business evolves
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain dashboards to reveal operational efficiency and decisioning quality
- Investigate root causes of certain decisioning errors or inefficiencies, create mitigation proposals and work with Product, Eng, and Ops to execute the changes
- Design, execute, and read results from A/B testings
- Optimize operational strategies of Trust and Safety
- Identify patterns and trends of incoming user behaviors with risk implications
- Communicate with various teams and leadership and drive influential decisionings
An ideal candidate should possess a good balance of technical skills, business acumen, and communication skills. A driven individual who’s keen to solve hard business problems is desired.
Must have -
- 3-7 years of professional experience in a highly analytical role (risk analytics, business or marketing analysis, data analysis and visualization, etc.)
- Must be proficient in querying language SQL
- Proficient in one of the analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in cross functional collaboration with Eng and PMs
- Thought leadership to tackle open ended questions or optimization problems
- 5-10 years of professional experience in Risk Analytics
- Experience in working with Operations/Risk Ops
- Testing/Experiment experiences
- Leadership or managerial experience
- Ability to work with dashboarding software such as Tableau or Google Analytics
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top