Data Scientist, Analyst
- Beijing, China
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed over 800 million guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer one-of-a-kind stays and unique Experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
We are looking for talented Data Scientists to join our China Data Science team. Working alongside other team members to dig deep into Airbnb's marketplace data, you will help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative about this highly strategic, fast-growing market. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
The work for DS analytics in China:
- Support and drive initiatives in the China hosting product (e.g. host promotion, availability, etc) and supply data foundation areas. Discover data insights and help the team make data-driven decisions.
- Build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Evaluate and define product and business metrics.
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports).
- Experiment design, measurement, and analysis.
- Effective communications with key stakeholders including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, Operation Managers during daily collaboration.
- Partner with other data scientists to “tell the story” behind the data.
- 2+ years of industry experience in data analytics area & degree in - Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics or related quantitative fields preferred.
- Experience building large dashboard end-to-end (including visualization and data pipeline) that serves a big team.
- Experience guiding product decisions based on data and A/B testing a plus.
- Experience with common analysis tools such as SQL, R, and Python.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and define the right metrics to describe the state of the business - both on a macro-level and micro-level.
- Good analytical thinking and communication skills.
Note: This position is based in the Airbnb Beijing Office.
Back to top