Data Scientist - Algorithms, Trust
Trust is at the foundation of every Airbnb experience and as such we aim to make it the most trusted platform in the world. To achieve this goal, the Data Science team relies on a diverse collection of structured and unstructured data to design, build, and support machine learning models to detect and prevent potential negative experiences and fraud attempts.
As a Data Scientist working on Algorithms, Trust, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers, designers and operation agents to build scalable and robust systems to detect, prevent and mitigate fraud on Airbnb. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
Some of the challenges you will face include:
- Building machine learning models to detect high risk activities like account takeovers, fake contents and fraudulent transactions, or high risk entities like fake accounts or stolen cards.
- Experimentation of new Airbnb product features to deter and mitigate risk.
- Working cross functionally with operations and product teams to define and collect labels for model training, optimize effectiveness of manual review, and build self-satisfiable verifications that scale.
- Devising optimization models to make optimal business decisions while minimizing risk
- Innovating modeling frameworks in this adversarial setup, e.g., how can models collaboratively surface more risks, or how can models adapt to emerging patterns quickly
- Building NLP models to detect spam and inappropriate content on the fly.
- Utilizing Deep Learning techniques for advanced feature engineering and model building, e.g., how to model for user behavior sequences, or how can we detect anomalies effectively.
Here are example traits we value:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- 6+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact. Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as classification, clustering, optimization, deep neural network and natural language processing.
- Strong programming skills (Python, R preferred).
- Versatility to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Data analytical and data engineering experience is a plus (Hive, Presto, Spark preferred).
- Experience productionizing real-time machine learning model is a plus.
- Relevant trust experience is a plus.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top