Data Science Manager, Search
The backbone of Airbnb’s business is its guest search experience - whereby guests try to find the best possible hosts for a given trip. It is a problem that combines online and offline worlds in a way that few other businesses have exposure to, which presents unique challenges in analysis, measurement and personalization. From the moment a user lands on the site to the moment when they are ready to book a home, there are a number of frames in the online journey to think about and optimize.
We’re seeking a proven senior data science leader excited about experimentation, analytics, and mining user behavior data to work on Airbnb’s biggest challenges. You will lead a large team of ICs and managers focused on measuring and analyzing search patterns on Airbnb, and providing deep user insights to the machine learning engineering team to boost conversion and create a delightful search experience for our users. As a senior leader, you will set best practices, architect solutions, design processes and manage a highly skilled team that continues to grow. You’ll partner with all functions and product executives to design strategy and vision for search at Airbnb.
- Domain expertise in search or discovery products
- Strong foundation in product analytics, statistics and machine learning
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution
- 5+ years in industry with proven business impact; 2+ years in management, including managing managers.
- Passion for growing a team and talent
- PhD/ MS in quantitative field preferred
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. unix/python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Matlab/Stata)
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top