Data Science Manager - Platform
Note: Due to volume of applications we receive, we kindly ask that you only apply to a maximum of one Data Scientist role from among those posted. This does not preclude you from being considered for multiple roles. Thank you.
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, audio, visual, and structured and unstructured textual data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward.
We’re seeking a proven data science leader excited about scaling data science and machine learning at a fast-paced, growing company to build out a data team to work on our data science platform. You will set the best practices around how we build data products and machine learning models across the company. You’ll partner with engineering and product executives to design strategy and tools to empower the data science team and the company at large.
You would manage a team of data scientists and analysts working on these example challenges:
- Incorporate novel techniques to solve experimental design challenges unique to our online marketplace in our world-class experimentation framework.
- Anomaly detection at scale - what are the best practices to use for find errors in our vast and varied data?
- What kinds of core algorithms should we implement in our ML infrastructure that can power the multitude of use cases for ML across the company?
- Set metrics and assess performance of infrastructure.
This is a new kind of data science leadership role and we’re excited to meet you.
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- 10+ years of industry experience, 5+ years in management
- PhD in a quantitative field preferred
- Passion for scaling data work and improving the efficiency of teams
- Strong understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Back to top