Data Science Manager, Market Dynamics
Airbnb has become a global marketplace that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. Airbnb’s Market Dynamics team sits at the heart of the marketplace and balances supply and demand to optimize Airbnb’s efficiency and liquidity. The team builds products to improve the prices charged by hosts and the fees charged by the platform to balance complex objectives. The team leverages insights from those products to direct Airbnb’s demand and supply acquisition efforts and to shape Airbnb’s marketplace design.
We’re seeking a proven data science leader excited about experimentation, analytics, forecasting, statistical modeling, and mining user behavior data to work on some of Airbnb’s biggest marketplace challenges. You will lead a large team focused on developing advanced inference and forecasting models to disentangle the interplay between supply and demand. You and your team will design evaluation metrics and innovative experimentation methods to measure and optimize the effect of our pricing products and monetization policies on the marketplace. As a leader, you will set best practices, architect solutions, design processes and build a team that will grow at a fast clip. You’ll partner with engineering and product executives to design strategy and vision for Airbnb marketplace optimization.
- Domain expertise in pricing, marketplace optimization/design
- Strong foundation in product analytics and statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution
- 4+ years in industry with proven business impact; 2+ years in management
- Passion for growing a team and talent
- PhD/ MS in quantitative field preferred
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. unix/python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Matlab/Stata)
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top