Data Science Manager, Host Success
Airbnb has become a global marketplace that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. Airbnb’s Host Success team works towards understanding and categorizing our supply, setting guest expectations and performance standards, and supporting the hosting tools on our platform.
We’re seeking a proven data science leader excited about experimentation, analytics, forecasting, statistical modeling, and mining user behavior data to work on some of Airbnb’s biggest marketplace challenges. You will lead a team focused on measuring, analyzing and mining actionable insights around listing quality and categorization. As a leader, you will set best practices, architect solutions, design processes and build a team that will grow at a fast clip. You’ll partner with engineering and product executives to design strategy and vision for the Airbnb Host Success team.
- Strong foundation in product analytics and statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution
- 4+ years in industry with proven business impact; 2+ years in management
- Passion for growing a team and talent
- PhD/MS in quantitative field preferred
- Experience with common analysis tools such as SQL, R, and Python
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top